The increasing demand for new Business Models, Technology Adoption, & Industry Trends is fueling the need to expose business assets, data, & resources to external parties by means of APIs, which reflects in an exponential growth in the number of APIs created & consumed. With the rise in the number of APIs exposed to the outside world, organizations are struggling with securing those APIs and consequentially the underlying systems against external threats, monitoring the usage of APIs, the exposed data, and ideally monetizing those APIs to generate revenue. These new complexities demand very efficient API Lifecycle Management and a focus on API Analytics to monitor health, trends, and insights in the API ecosystem.
This white paper explains APIs, Platform Businesses, and API Management and dives into the drivers for investing in API Management.
What to expect in this white paper?
- Chapter 1: APIs in a nutshell
- Chapter 2: API Management
- Chapter 3: A brief introduction to Platform Businesses
- Chapter 4: API Management Platforms
- Chapter 5: Why you should invest in an API Management platform
- Chapter 6: Functional model of API Management
- Chapter 7: APIs in our DNA